Friday, September 16, 2016

In Her Shoes

     Tonight, my mom and I took Remi shoe shopping for the first time. Since Remi officially started walking a few weeks ago, that's all she wants to do these days. So, we figured it was time to take her to buy a good pair of sneakers. Grandmom (my mom) offered to buy her first pair. For some reason, I always thought Air Jordans were so adorable on toddlers. We found a pair in Remi's size and tried them on. Remi loved them so much she didn't want to take them off. She ran all over the store in her black and maroon Jordans. But, shame on mommy for trying to keep her safe.

     After purchasing the shoes, I picked Remi up to carry her through the parking lot to our car. Well, she didn't like that. She wanted to walk. So, she threw a tantrum (every mother's worst nightmare): screaming, crying, fighting to free herself from my arms. Thankfully, a nice woman who was getting into her car took a moment to wave at Remi while I was calming her down. Remi looked at her, waved and smiled. It took her attention off her new kicks and all was good again.

     Of course, I could have done without the tantrum. But, hey, I always try to see the positive in things. The way I see this situation is - we made a good purchase! That girl loves her new shoes so much that she wanted to keep walking in them. And, I love the excitement she has about them.



No comments:

Post a Comment