The reason I voted this election is simple yet complex. Simply put, I voted to set an example for my daughter. The complex part? I also voted to get out of my own way. You see, over the last several years I have adopted a bitter attitude toward our government. I have complained that the system sets us working class folks up to fail. I won't go into all of the reasons why because it doesn't really matter. What matters is that Remi knows she
can and
will make a difference, and voting is just one way to do that. That's why I voted today and took her along with me. This little girl inspires and motivates me more than I ever could have imagined.
(And, trust me, I have always been a very determined young woman. I have always wanted to make a difference and still strive to do so.)
On a side note, Remi enjoyed her first trip to the polls. She especially enjoyed opening the curtain while Mommy voted, poking her head out and making others laugh. Our little entertainer.
 |
| #We Voted #Election2016 |
No comments:
Post a Comment