I decided to pull out and decorate our Christmas tree on Sunday. I figured it would give us time to enjoy it as well as give us an opportunity to teach Remi about the holiday. Remi was quite amazed by it all - pointing at the tree saying, "Ooooouuu." She especially loved the ball ornaments. She would point and yell out, "ball!" However, the "fun" really began when she started pulling the balls off the tree. At one point, she pulled so hard I had to catch the tree before it toppled over. I tried explaining to her that it's all for decoration and not a toy. But, do you think that stopped her? Not exactly, which is why I decided to only decorated the top half of the tree. (I did hang a couple ornaments towards the bottom but only ones we don't care much about.) If you look at the picture below closely, you can see where the candy cane garland stops - out of Remi's reach. The tree came pre-lit so there wasn't much we could do about the lights. Thankfully, Remi hasn't tried pulling on the bulbs or wires yet. Although, I think I might need to stick a couple sand bags under the tree skirt to avoid any other possible "timber" situations...

No comments:
Post a Comment